- Because the nature and scope of the proposed research will vary from application to application, it is anticipated that the size and duration of each award will also vary. The total amount awarded and the number of awards will depend upon the mechanism numbers, quality, duration, and costs of the applications received.
- This PA will use the SBIR and STTR Phase I and Phase II awards. The solicitation (see http://grants.nih.gov/grants/funding/sbirsttr1/index.pdf (PDF) or http://grants.nih.gov/grants/funding/sbirsttr1/index.doc (MS Word) contains information about the SBIR and STTR programs,
- Eligibility requirements are described in the SBIR/STTR Omnibus Solicitation (http://grants.nih.gov/grants/funding/sbir.htm). Only small business concerns are eligible to submit applications. A small business concern is one that, on the date of award for both Phase I and Phase II agreements, meets ALL of the criteria as described in the SBIR/STTR Omnibus Solicitation.
- Each investigator may submit more than one application provided that the applications are substantively different from each other.
- The application form is available at: http://grants1.nih.gov/grants/funding/phs398/phs398.html.
- Telecommunications for the hearing impaired is available at: TTY 301-451-0088.
Who can apply:
Private Institutions Of Higher Education
Small Business (Less Than 500 Employees
Eligible functional categories:
Blood Diseases and Resources Research
Heart and Vascular Diseases Research
Lung Diseases Research
If you have problems accessing the full announcement, please contact:
NIH OER Webmaster